raw video from Crown King test run | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

raw video from Crown King test run

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
I went out to Crown King last weekend (sorry Rick, I couldn't find your number and by the time we figured we were going I didn't have 'net access) for a test/tune run.

We ended up taking the back way to the back way to crown king.. We ended up going near castle hot springs to bypass the lake pleasant entrance since there was a bike race going on there.

Here are the videos from my camera (we had 2 cameras).. The was the first time out for the person in the disconvery (he had never been on any trail like this before).. and this was the first run with the new suspension for the person with teh jeep. This was my first run with the 700r4 (I need a lower stall converter)...

I tried to take harder lines and of course my tires had 30k miles on them... they are in really rough shape now...

Disconvery video... http://mark.legendz.com/trip/2005/crown-king-10-2-05/ck-ken-disco.wmv
Damage.. rear bumper when he almost stood it straight up. He has open diffs, and it looks like an open center diff. The built in traction control stinks. He is putting in a positive lock (like the brown wire mods on x's).

Jeep video.. http://mark.legendz.com/trip/2005/crown-king-10-2-05/ck-kyle-jeep.wmv
Damage.. Front left tire hit the brake line mount.. just bent it.. Ripped apart the drivers side motor mount..

Explorer video.. http://mark.legendz.com/trip/2005/crown-king-10-2-05/ck-mark-1.wmv
Damage.. Bad u-joint (very bad vibration when under load at 60mph+), steering box sector shaft is very sloppy now.. Bent (slightly) tie rod, tires are pretty ripped up (already had 30k miles on them).. lots of new character (body damange under the doors.. I really NEED rock sliders).. I'm definatly getting more confortable with the truck.. last time I went to CK there is no way I'd even think of doing this..
tire-lift1.JPG

Once I get the video/pics from the other cameras I'll post them too.

~Mark

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
looks hella fun man! Can't wait to get my junk built so I can get back on the trail :(

you get that "oh shit" feelin on that part pictured hahaha

j602

resident ******
Reaction score
City, State
Dothan, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Cool vids! That was a helluvan air time on that tire!

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Nice vids! Thanks for sharing!