Ray Lobato Los Banos, California | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ray Lobato Los Banos, California

Name Ray Lobato
Location Los Banos California.
Explorer 1997 XLT 4Liter SOHC V6 4X4

MVC-010F.jpg

MVC-008F.jpg

MVC-009F.jpg

MVC-004F.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

• Tires: 33X12.5 R15 BFG KO's
  • Wheels: American Eagle AE-117 15x8's
  • Front Suspension: Trailmaster 4" Ranger lift kit
  • Rear Suspension: Skyjacker 4" lifted springs
  • Shocks: 4" lifted SSV's.
  • Lift: 2" body lift
  • Gear Ratio: 4.10:1
  • Differantials: Rear: Arb Air Locker, Front: open
  • Transfercase: Advanced Adaptor Atlas II 3.78:1 Lo
  • Plug wires: Magnacor 8.5mm
  • Spark plugs: Bosh Platinium 4+
  • Power: Interstate/Optima Yellow Top
  • Lights: PIAA Pro 80XT's, PIAA 520's
  • Cargo Rack: Con-Ferr
  • Winch: Ramsey Platinum 9500 with Serria Wraparound winch mount.
  • Front Tow hooks: GM full size tow hooks
  • Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper: Tom Rios (FAKRWEE) old bumper/tire Carrier
  • Shock Mount Skid Plates Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Rear swaybar disconnects Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Custom T-case/Torsion Bar skidplate Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Front Swaybar Disconnects Warrior Products
  • Custom rocker panel protectors/step bars
  • CB Radio: Cobra 29NT-ST With Wilson 1000 Antenna
  • GPS: Garmin GPS III Plus
  • Misc: Hi-Lift jack, Granatelli rear diff cover/support, Power One CO2 tank, Bushwacker Extend-A-Fenders
    The engine breaths better with a K&N drop-in filter.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I need to get a new camera, before I can take some pictures of the skidplate. My old one doesn't work. :(

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You have a great looking truck! You have helped me out a lot on mine, and I don't think I could of done what I did without your help. Do you have much "squeeking" when your just driving at low speeds in your front suspension? Mines weird - you can park it and push as hard as you can on the front end, but when you drive about 10 mph it'll make little squeeks like balljoints or tie rod ends. But again, great truck! I am putting a Ford Racing LSD in my 8.8" and a 4.56 gear ratio. Hopefully will do it in early Jan.

-Drew

Yea, it does squeak somewhat, but not much, or enough to annoy me that is.
I haven't figured out where is is coming from. :)

Ray - I sent you an email about your driveshaft - Did you recieve that?

-Drew

ExplorerDMB00 said:
I am putting a Ford Racing LSD in my 8.8" and a 4.56 gear ratio. Hopefully will do it in early Jan.

-Drew

Don't do that! Put a locker in it! You'll only spend extra when you find out that you really needed a locker.

Too late - hey Ray - have you happen to take any pictures of your front driveshaft yet? Thanks

-Drew

What do you need pics of the driveshaft for? I could take some of mine(if that will work). I have a superlift. Im offering since Ray takes so long :)

I know Jefe has offered in the past, but since you have a 97 XLT as I do, can you tell me what you had to do to the driveshafts to get the Atlas in?

Nevermind - I found the thread that talks about it....

I'm Going to Steal Your car...

lift

hey wat specific kind of ranger lift did u use for ur truck?

It was a TrailMaster 98 Ranger lift kit. They didn't have the Explorer lift kit at the time I bought the Ranger kit. The Explorer kit has the 4" rear leaf springs. The Ranger kit does not, and I had to buy those extra, because Rangers are spring over axle and the kit uses blocks. You can't use blocks on an Explorer, because they are spring under axle.

Hey ray nice ride! what brand brush guard is that and how expensive?

It is a Serria Wraparound, made by Waag exclusively for Ramsey Winch Company. It can be found on the Ramsey website. This is not a normal bushguard. It is made as a winch mount. I was about $400.00.

First let me say...your truck looks awesome. I looked on the Ramsey website, and they list the Sierra wraparound grill #295918 as for the 99-01 Explorers. I have a 96 4door 4wd. Is that the one you got for your 97? If so, does it need modified? Other than for the body lift.

Hi seafarer76,
Yes that is the one I got. No, you will not have to do anything else to get it to fit.

Ray you ever gonna wheel with us again or is she just a big paper weight now? :p

Derrick,
I gotta get a new battery, and my daughter just got married, so I'm sort of broke right now. All in good time.

Sure good to know there is "Moderator" living down the road. I used to live in Merced county..

Pictures back up, well most of them.

Well, I found most of my pictures. I'm still looking for the rest, and will put them back up when I find them. Sorry it's taken so long. :eek:

Back