• Gear Ratio: 4.10:1
  • Differantials: Rear: Arb Air Locker, Front: open
  • Transfercase: Advanced Adaptor Atlas II 3.78:1 Lo
  • Plug wires: Magnacor 8.5mm
  • Spark plugs: Bosh Platinium 4+
  • Power: Interstate/Optima Yellow Top
  • Lights: PIAA Pro 80XT's, PIAA 520's
  • Cargo Rack: Con-Ferr
  • Winch: Ramsey Platinum 9500 with Serria Wraparound winch mount.
  • Front Tow hooks: GM full size tow hooks
  • Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper: Tom Rios (FAKRWEE) old bumper/tire Carrier
  • Shock Mount Skid Plates Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Rear swaybar disconnects Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Custom T-case/Torsion Bar skidplate Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Front Swaybar Disconnects Warrior Products
  • Custom rocker panel protectors/step bars
  • CB Radio: Cobra 29NT-ST With Wilson 1000 Antenna
  • GPS: Garmin GPS III Plus
  • Misc: Hi-Lift jack, Granatelli rear diff cover/support, Power One CO2 tank, Bushwacker Extend-A-Fenders
    The engine breaths better with a K&N drop-in filter.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hope You're Happy

I hope you're happy, that sure is a Nice Machine, but do you have enough power to pull me through the rough spots?

I guess you won't need that winch, bumper and lites I mentioned.

And I hope I don't get out to Truckhaven and find a dozen or so people crawling around on their bellies in the washes stabbing rocks with screw drivers looking for Gold!

Hey ray, What mounting system do u have the confer rack mounted, on the fac roof rack

Hey JayR,
Yes, it's mounted to the factory roof rack rails. That particular Con-Fer rack is built for the Explorer and the mounts come with the rack. They fit in the factory rails.

Ray,

Did you keep the stock tranny? Also, where did you get the Explorer specific Con-Fer?

nice whip, your neighbor is jealous, huh?

Originally posted by CHH777
Ray,

Did you keep the stock tranny? Also, where did you get the Explorer specific Con-Fer?

CHH777, Yes I have the stock tranny. I don't know of a aftermarket or any heavy duty tranny for the Explorer.
The Con-Ferr rack comes from Con-Ferr. It's model #39592
You can buy it off their site, but I would check your local 4x4 shop as see if they can do better. I got mine for a better price then off their website.
Con-Ferr

Originally posted by Exploder99
nice whip, your neighbor is jealous, huh?

Exploder99,
I never see him, because he is always away on business. I told him I would buy his V8 from him when his lease is up, because it will only have 100 miles on it.

Hey Ray, nice load. You mention that you live in SJ, we should head over to hollister for a day o' wheelin. But not until I'm lifted too.

I want to know where you got your 2" body lift. Did you fab it yourself or just use hockey pucks? Also, could you not find rear bumper relocation brackets?

Thanks,
Raphael

Hey Ray, tell me about those lifted springs you have in the rear. Could i use them on my 98 2wd sport? Also, can you use springs for the front AND rear? Im looking for about 4 inches of lift in the front and rear. Also, with the front suspension, can i use lift spindles WITH those springs? And, one more question, how high can you go with springs?

just curious if you were the one following me on the easy part of the sat night run out at truckhaven? I was the one in the ugly ranger.

Matt

Hey Ray, What is meant by "Front differential open"?

Ray, Nice Ride! What does it meant to have the front differential open? Did you disconnect it so you would be able to install the Ranger spindle lifts? I have a 96 4x4 and am wanting to lift about 4 inches if possible. Thanks!

All that means is that he doesn't have any type of locker or posi in the front.

From what I've heard the newer explorers have some weird axle in the front that nobody makes much(if any) for.

RAY...A quick question for you. Did you ever get your atlas working from truckhaven?? I know you had some problems with it at camp, how about on the trails? Also...who made your running boards?? I know you told me, but I forgot. Those were some of the better ones I've seen.

Ray, was refered to you for tech question.

Ray, Did you have to have your torsion bar assembly modified to get the lift kit on your truck and if so, what did you have to do? I have a 96 4X4 and would like to install the same kit but, am told that because of my year of truck i would have to get the torsion assembly altered to accomodate the lift. Thanks for any suggestions! Dj

Hey Ray what kind of flares are those? Rig looks great!

ray how hard was it to get that ranger lift to work on the X? i am thinking about doing it. ALL i have is a borla exhaust, and a few exterior and interior things. what would you reccomend to do next to get the truck jacked? bigger tires? rims? (i have stock) or lift? should i do the torsion twist with shackles?

Sorry for the late responce.

Lift kit
The only thing that has to be modified is the rear torsion bar bracket. I promise tht I will gat off my a$$ and take a few pictures of what need to be modified on it so everyone can see. Basicly you need to trim down the top of the bracket to fit over the frame, then add weld a plate to the bottom of the bracket where the torsion bar goes to keep it from moving around, or you could just buy the rear postion and inserts from Ford for a 98 Explorer and you might not have to do anything to that portion.

In retrospect: I wished I had gone with the Superlift kit instead of the Trailmaster, just because of the steering knuckles. I don't really like the steering slide that the Trailmaster kit uses. Just my opinion.

The flares are Bushwacker Extend-a-Fenders.

Open differantials means both wheels can turn independently, as opposed to a locked diff which locks both wheels together, thus making them spin at the same rate

Matt, Yea I was the guy with all the lights right behind you.

R,
It is a Performance Accessories 2" body lift for a 91-94 Explorer. No it did not come with bumper brackets. Cost, $71.00

ray i have stock tires and rims and no lift. i am about to do some major work on lifting and working the tires. what route would reccomend i go that would be cheap with a good lift and something that i wouldn't regret. i read you regret getting the trailmaster lift kit.

Hey Ray, your pics aren't working man! i was just letting you know

Just thought I would let you know that my pictures are all back up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gee ray, pics are down again. Thought you'd like to know.

Dan

Back