Ray Lobato Los Banos, California | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ray Lobato Los Banos, California

Name Ray Lobato
Location Los Banos California.
Explorer 1997 XLT 4Liter SOHC V6 4X4

MVC-010F.jpg

MVC-008F.jpg

MVC-009F.jpg

MVC-004F.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

• Tires: 33X12.5 R15 BFG KO's
  • Wheels: American Eagle AE-117 15x8's
  • Front Suspension: Trailmaster 4" Ranger lift kit
  • Rear Suspension: Skyjacker 4" lifted springs
  • Shocks: 4" lifted SSV's.
  • Lift: 2" body lift
  • Gear Ratio: 4.10:1
  • Differantials: Rear: Arb Air Locker, Front: open
  • Transfercase: Advanced Adaptor Atlas II 3.78:1 Lo
  • Plug wires: Magnacor 8.5mm
  • Spark plugs: Bosh Platinium 4+
  • Power: Interstate/Optima Yellow Top
  • Lights: PIAA Pro 80XT's, PIAA 520's
  • Cargo Rack: Con-Ferr
  • Winch: Ramsey Platinum 9500 with Serria Wraparound winch mount.
  • Front Tow hooks: GM full size tow hooks
  • Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper: Tom Rios (FAKRWEE) old bumper/tire Carrier
  • Shock Mount Skid Plates Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Rear swaybar disconnects Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Custom T-case/Torsion Bar skidplate Trains 4X4 & Off Road
  • Front Swaybar Disconnects Warrior Products
  • Custom rocker panel protectors/step bars
  • CB Radio: Cobra 29NT-ST With Wilson 1000 Antenna
  • GPS: Garmin GPS III Plus
  • Misc: Hi-Lift jack, Granatelli rear diff cover/support, Power One CO2 tank, Bushwacker Extend-A-Fenders
    The engine breaths better with a K&N drop-in filter.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Ray, don't forget to include a picture of your cool rear bumper:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Finally took some pictures Warning 8 pics

Well I finally got of my butt and took some pictures of stuff people have wanted to see. If I miss what you wanted to see, just give a holler.

This is the Ball joint extender from the TrailMaster kit and also the Custom Warrior quick dissconnects
Dead Link Removed

This is the rear hub assembly grease cover. The Bearing is actually in back of it and it must be taken off in order to get the rear grease bearing out. IMHO it is best to just buy a new one (5 bucks) because the old one after you take it out wont stay in place.
Dead Link Removed

This is the Spindle Nut. It is 1.5" and it is recommended by Ford that you replace it if you ever have to take it off.
Dead Link Removed

This is a pic of my Rock sliders
Dead Link Removed
Thisis how they are attached
Dead Link Removed

Postion 30 in the fuse box holder in the cabin is not used, at least not in my XLT. I ran a wire from there to the center console to power my CB
MVC-003F2.jpg

This is my Skid plate. It goes from the front crossmember to the torsion bar brackets. It has saved my undercarrage and torsion bars many times.
MVC-008F1.jpg

This is my Winch mount, made by WAAG for Ramsey

A front View
MVC-009S.jpg

This is my rear tire carrier/bumper (Thanks Tom :) )
MVC-006F2.jpg

Wow Ray. Your truck was the one that caught my eye way back in the day. Thanks for posting all those pics. Your skid plate is awesome!

You answered questions I didnt even have yet!

yeah, even though you took forever thanks alot for the pics. J/K Ray. You are the man. Thanks again.

Hey Ray great job on everything. I can't believe it's the same rig I saw in Moab 2 years ago.:D Keep up the great work. Can't wait to cross trails with you again;)

Thanks alot Ray... I really tried to dig for a picture of your undercarriage skid plate... but you saved me some extra time. Thanks for the bonus pics :) How does your front cross-member look so clean; is it finished....? Awesome truck man!!

Douglas,
What you are seeing is the Trailmaster drop down Bracket that goes under the front cross member. It is finished, but not very good. The finish flakes off pretty easily. Almost all of the finish flaked off the torsion bar brackets. I ended up just painting them black.

Ray, do you have a part number on the quick connects up front? Also, what are you using in the rear?

Ron,
No I don't have the part number for the fronts, but you have to go to the generic section and find the length you need without the eyebolt ends.

Here is a picture of the rears. What we did was cut the stock part and added a length of bushing stock, then drilled holes in the bushing stock and the cut pieces.
Dead Link Removed

Hey Ray, great truck. Question: how did you modify your waag brush guard for the 2" body lift while keeping its strength for the winch? Thanks!

The Waag "Ramsey" winch/brush guard is only sold through Ramsey. It is not a normal brush guard, about 50 pounds heavier, and the diameter of the tubing is also bigger. We had to cut and add steel to the mounting tabs to get it to look like normal for the 2" body lift. Since I don't weld, I had to have it professionlly done. The guy did quite a good job. I don't remember how much more it costed, but I don't think it was that much.

got any picks of the atlas 2 setup or off how you setup the twin stick in the interior.

also how does it preform and how did you snap the cv in the photo section your not running a locker up front are you.

thanks for any and all info.

Here is a picture of the shift levers in my truck.
MVC-004F2.jpg

The Atlas II IMHO was the best investment I made for the truck. In fact had I put the Atlas II in before I did the lift, I wouldn't have done the lift at all. I would have just trimmed the fenders and stuck the 33's on.

alright thanks for the info
the atlas is definately now on my wish list.
you have the 3.8 to 1 right

Yes, it is a 3.78:1 ratio

Wow Ray, wish I had the $$ to make my Ex half as bad a$$ as yours :)

Ray,

Could you do me a favor, and take a few pics of how the skidplate attaches to the tortion bar brackets? I have the superlift, and I need to build a skidplate to protect my achilles heel lol

Oh, and maybe some dimensions :D I am real lazy :p

Bumpity bump!

I'll try and get some pics this weekend for you, but basicly I just made holes in the skid plate where there were already holes on the torsion bar brackets.

Ok, Thanks! :)

Back