Raybestos...update and Call to Action, Let's Do This Again... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Raybestos...update and Call to Action, Let's Do This Again...

ecoboost_xsport

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Spread the word...

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have some concerns about the release of the friction clutches we had all been hoping for. So much so, that I think this demanded it's own thread instead of updating the previous one, which can be found here:

Help me try to get a performance part made for our platform...

Help me try to get a performance part made for our platform...

A bit ago, I checked in with my contact at Raybestos to see about an update and this is what I received:

nqk1lpaaHflZoz_width=605&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

As you can see, it looks like even their marketing rep is losing the fight. It actually looks like there is some confusion, IMO. Way back when we all put our names on that list, it seemed to generate enough interest and we all thought that was enough. The misunderstanding, I think, was that we would get a notice that they would be released based on the list that was generated. In addition to the misunderstanding, I also discovered Raybestos is having supply issues with their red material, and many other products are on back order with them that use that material as well.

It seems that, since the part number has been created, there are no orders (because there they aren't actually out yet, is my argument), but it appears Raybestos is waiting on orders to be made. It's backwards to me, I get it...

But maybe we can pump a bit of energy into this one last time.

Here's my strategy. If you feel that you can be be out a few hundred dollars for a while, then go ahead and place an order at WIT or PACT, this is the best option, but I understand having money out there can be tough for some.

You searched for rcps-56 - PATC - TransmissionCenter.net

Whatever It Takes Transmission Parts

SunCoast Performance

If not, at the very least, inquire about them with WIT, Suncoast and PACT.

Also, lets all hit up Raybestos on IG again...

I'm hoping we can rally the troops one last time to see if it works. It's about all we can hope for at this point. Seems the steam ran out.

Back