• Register Today It's free!

RCD OR FABTECH for my 98 F-150

Clint

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa ,AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
well since i sold my X and now im driving around a stock truck(besides rims and 33's) ive decided to drop 4000-5000 on it ...ok here's my ? (RCD OR FABTECH) i usually would jump straight to the RCD 5" lift kit but i heard that it sags to 4" which i don't want and the fabtech lift gives a true 6" and doesn't settle . now it maye sound like i answered my own ? but i want some of my former wheelin buddies to give me your insight . well anyways this is what i want to do to it . 5 or 6" suspension lift + 3" BL ( i know i know im supposed to be the one that hates them the most) new rims and 36x14.50 or 38x14.50 parnelli dirt grips and also maybe some bilstein 7100's up front

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright check this out.
f150_large.jpg
and Dead Link Removed fabtech uses blocks and RCD uses full length AAL's.

I'd say RCD, I actually ordered it for my F-150 but cancelled it due to some work issues. But check out fordtruckworld.com (previously f150world.com) for a better explanation, theres a ton of people with both lifts.
When I was out in Michigan there was a guy with the fabtech lift, running 38"s... that was one damn nice machine, the guy couldn't even see in his window, LOL

I'll ask the marketing guys at work about our kits sagging. I havn't hear anything about this but then again I don't answer the phones either. Oh, BTW I'm the production engineer for RCD. Obviously I'm going to say RCD. I actually havn't really heard anything about he FabTech kit for Fords. I do know their Chevy kits have problems but that's definately not an issue in your case. Is your truck 4wd or 2wd? Our kit definately comes with better shocks and we our VERY well know for taking our kits a little further then others in quality. All of our kits come with grade 8 hardware and most of our brackets are made out of a little thicker material for extra strength. I only know of one inherent problem in our kits but it will be fixed by the time you purchase considering our kits are going out with the new stuff right now. Also with the amount of money you're talking you could get some reservoir shocks which would make our kit kick ass. I'll get some inside truthfull opinion on our kit from what our marketing guys hear (the phone people) and email you privately.
Khris

Khris, are you able to get deals on RCD kits? Probably not but I figured I'd ask :). Were you out at the SEMA show? Maybe I met you?

I talk my boss into the the RCD kit on his 2002 SuperCrew and he loves it looks tuff and the ride is great.

Wade

hey Khris can u tell me a price and how much more it would be to upgrade the shocks to 7100's

Matt,

Sorry man I can only get deals on stuff for my own ride. Unfortunately they know what I drive so I can't pull off deals. As for SEMA I started working for them a week after it so, no I didn't go. I'll be there for at least one day this year. Do you go every year? If so I'll let you know what day I'll be there and maybe we can hook up.

Clint,

I'll get a price for you but you may find it cheaper. We give an MSRP and it's up to the dealer as to what they want to actually sell for. I only work Mon-Thur but I'll try to remember to call and get a price tomorrow. I did ask them about the sagging issue. Is your's 2wd or 4wd? Either way, if it's 4wd our kit uses you stock torsion bars, so you ride remains factory (well, actually it's improved because of the Bilstein shocks). If it sags, it's cause your factory torsion bars are weak. We've had a couple shops say their customers 4wd sagged but the shops also reported that the truck looked like it had been jumped a lot. As for the 2wd Fords, we provide a lift coil. So far we've warrantied (sp?) 3 sets of coils out of the who knows how many kits we've sold. I know one of the guys in marketing (Jeff if you want to call) has our kit on his 2wd kit and he beats the crap out of it and it hasn't sagged. Anyways, I'll get you a MSRP price tomorrow or Monday for sure. It seems that almost everyone I've talked to in shops say our kits are sweet. I'll obviously be biased because I work there but I also really don't have much first hand experience with trucks that actually have our kit. It's not really part of my job, I'm responsible for the impossible task of keeping production up with demand and developing new systems designed by our designers.

Khris

Khris, not sure about every year but I went last year and I'm making plans to go again this year.

Back