RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !!

soupbone

Reaction score
City, State
Hayward,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport 4WD
RCD RANGER 5" coilover kit for "4x4" !!

RCDRanger5.jpg

say bye bye to torsion bars 95+ guys. now this is the kit i want. i think it uses 2.0" bilstien 7100 race shocks. anyways let me know wha cha think. bolt on also....

RCDRanger1.jpg

http://www.offroadrangers.com/offroadexpo01.shtml

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now that is cool! Find anyplace that sells it? What should everyone be lookin at to purchase it?
Pete

its brand new and dunno the price yet. truck was at off road expo. probably gonna be pricy. RCD kits are like $1500. but very high quality.

Oh my god........just what i've been searching for.....

This is a wonderful solution for us 95-97 guys because there is no need to mess with our torsion bar mounts (I hope).

With the addition of the coil, I think you can ditch the t-bars totally. The only messing with that it'll need will be removing them dudes! :D

Rcd is very high quality. They use all Bilstein shocks, and all grade 8 hardware. I heard that they were the ones who got Bilstein to make the 5100 series shocks.

Awesome kit. RCD is a new commer to the 4wd industry (started last year) but from what I have seen and read they are one of the better companies out there. In quality alone I'd rank them right up there with Fabtech. I'm sure the kit will be pricy, but what isn't.

That't looks MUCH better that the Trailmaster lift. I like the way the steering stays stock. Looks like new spindle brackets, I like it.

Hey everyone! This is your chance at getting a decent lift that might accually have some travel involved for your front end... I will mark this as important.

soupbone,
How do I get ahold of these people!!!!!
That's just beautiful, and exactly what I need.
I can get rid of that Damn steering slide and torsion bars.
No More getting high centered!!!

RCD makes some awesome stuff, if I were ever ot lift my F-150, I'd be going with the bad-ass RCD lift :).

Yeah man, is there any way to contact them?

Well I gave them a call about the kit. The one in the picture is a prototype finished 2 days before the show. It is adjustable from 3.5 to 5.5 inches and can fit up to a 35" tire. It uses drop brackets and some sort of anti-compression strut (the long thing in back). The man I talked to said they're looking for a release date around January but with a whopping price of around $2000. He also said it makes for a drastically improved ride.

DOH!adjustable!! 5.5" & 35s? wow! Will our front ends hold up with 35s?Yea 2k is kinna up there. but geez its nice. what about the front drive shaft. wonder if there are any issues? cool but im gonna need a bigger credit card hehe.

I know one thing......i'm not trusting MY front end with 35's....I'm gonna start saving for it now I guess.

sweet. Only problem I see is that they're still using the stock ball joints and axle, so you're still only gonna get 8.5-9" of wheel travel. But the coil-over would be nice.
hmmm. . .Its only money.

I think $1000 would be too much for just a front end kit. For $2000 that is not cool at all. Might as well do a straight axel swap for that much $. Crack must be cheap there cuz RCD is certainly on it.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I also think that Superlift charges too much for their kit as well. Trailmaster is the only one who is remotely close to being reasonable. For 1400 you get new rear springs, shocks, and an entire front end drop kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2001 - You have a good point. I imagine that you could have it fabbed to do the same thing for less... And if you did that, you could maybe replace the balljoints and driveaxle bits to get more travel... I dunno..

Back