RCD shock and mount numbers. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD shock and mount numbers.

Thanks for the heads up about the shocks.. Now I just need to weight the front end so I get the correct spring weight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

750# or 800# springs depending on how stiff you want it. RCD gives 600# springs for the ranger.

hey guy its been a long time since i have been on here i have been very freakin busy here check my car domain cause i dont know how to put pics on here i am dont with my coil-over swap

tha704mafia:

I checked out you cardomain. Sweet Ride! Do you happen to know the partnumber for those front Fox shocks? Would those be a direct replacement of the bilstein coilovers that come with the RCD kit? How much suspension lift do you have?

Adar: The Foxs that replace the Bilsteins are the 2.0X6.5 shocks.

Mafia: How is your clearance to the CVs? Also have you flexed it out yet? How is it compared to the t-bars?

adarkang: I dont know the part number but i think they are 2.0x8.5 with a 700 pound spring but i think i am going to order some 800's because i have the coils cranked maybe halfway right now and they are settled, and i want to crank some more but i dont want to coil bind so heavy spring should do. You cannot beat the ride tho its like a caddy.

FOUND THAT PART # 980-99-001-A

AMMO HOOAH: With the stock cvs fine close but fine now the advance auto parts cv is closer because the ribs in the boots are bigger but no rub marks or anything yet so. As far as flex goes improvement but no straight axle i have a couple of pics i will throw on my cardomain of some flex with the 36's.

o and i think suspension lift in inches with the right spring rate and shock 0-8 inches

correct you would think that you need a 900 for a v8 a guess but theres a alternate route if you want to run larger tires with a softer spring fiberglass fenders from perrys help alot i have heard. My main goal is to get 800 or 850 springs and fiberglass fenders and squeeze 38's its going to be though but i think i can do it

hey mountaineer green that front drive shaft dual cardan will it fit my explorer i have the v6 ohv control trac transfer case

tha704majia:

I noticed on summitracing.com that the eibach 800 in/lb springs are $10/ piece cheaper then the 750 in/lb springs. Do you think that the 800's would be too stiff for a V6? Right now my truck is sitting 1/2" lower in the front and I have my 600 in/lb springs cranked half-way. I am thinking I can barely tighten the 800 in/lb not as much and achieve decent lift, is this correct? Right now when I jack the truck up under the control arm, it barely flexes. I am confused if the 800's less cranked will allow more flex versus the 600's mostly cranked with barely any flex.

Can you adjust the spring while it is on the truck? or is there not enough room? I never really looked into it.

tha704majia:

I noticed on summitracing.com that the eibach 800 in/lb springs are $10/ piece cheaper then the 750 in/lb springs. Do you think that the 800's would be too stiff for a V6? Right now my truck is sitting 1/2" lower in the front and I have my 600 in/lb springs cranked half-way. I am thinking I can barely tighten the 800 in/lb not as much and achieve decent lift, is this correct? Right now when I jack the truck up under the control arm, it barely flexes. I am confused if the 800's less cranked will allow more flex versus the 600's mostly cranked with barely any flex.

Can you adjust the spring while it is on the truck? or is there not enough room? I never really looked into it.

I have the same question except I have a V8. Will the 800s be better than the 750s???
Thank you,
-Cody

adarking: No i dont think they will be to stiff think about it with a v6 your front end weight is 29 something hundred pounds. You will give up some upward travel on the front end but drop no because the shock and limit strap and cv axle can only go so far remember its a short long arm ifs 10inches maxium unless you have the dixon bros $3000 long arm kit which buy the way i believe i will have by the end of the year. As far as adjusting when on the truck yes its possible but you have to pop your upper ball joint out and move the spindle to get in there its kinda easy if you know what your doing.

I found another part you will need to complete this conversion.

You will need 2 shock mount spacers 1 for each side part # 20-833167 $5.20 each.

Chad

I personally wouldn't want anything stiffer than my 750s on my V8.

Evan,
Yes I am doing the conversion, just waiting on my shocks. Probably wont be done for a couple weeks though, as I am leaving on vacation for 12 days.

Boomin,
Thanks for the heads up about the shock mount spacers, and how how are your 750lb springs? I was thinking of using 700lb for my Sport Trac. Are your 750's to stiff? I cant imagine there being much weight difference between a V8 explorer and the Sport Trac?

Chad

I need some help ASAP. The guys that are helping me with Fox shocks need some measurements so they can setup some shocks for me. Unfortunately I am out of town until next week.

Can anyone with the RCD coil-over setup measure the ride height distance between the eyelets on the shock mounts?

Thanks a ton,
Chad

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Isn't this the extended/collapsed length given by the specs? Most shocks are measured eye to eye. Ride height is going to vary depending on your specific vehicle and the spring rate, not to mention the location of the spring retainer on the coil over shaft.

Shock specs:

Shock Travel: 6.50"
Extended Length: 19.35"
Collasped Length: 12.85"
Shaft size is: 5/8"
Fox Part #: 980-99-001A

Back