RCD shock and mount numbers. | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD shock and mount numbers.

Your custom lift page has been going on forever now. All hype and no show.

What do you have so far?

Pictures/cad....ect?

So many haters. I hope you thank me some day!! I am going to have a prototype kit out this summer. If all goes well I am releasing it this fall. If I put up CAD pics or other detailed info, whats stopping others from copying before I had it out.

I bet this RCD bracket thread led to the above company to provide a coilover conversion. I am just trying to protect my investment. We I go to release I will give you all the proof you need. CAD Simulations, Pictures of the kit, and of course videos of it in action. Until then be patient.

CMAX

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This RCD part number thread was brought on by the amount of guys that wanted to get rid of the T Bars hanging down under their rig catching on every rock and ledge they went over,
Added bonus is the smooth ride,, plush to say the least, ,

This RCD part number thread was brought on by the amount of guys that wanted to get rid of the T Bars hanging down under their rig catching on every rock and ledge they went over,
Added bonus is the smooth ride,, plush to say the least, ,

I did it to rid my X of the T blars because before i had lockers I would get hung up on it everything. It was annoy, I also did it because the aftermarket lift kit could not handle extreme offroading. I have taken all this into consideration in design a nice custom lift kit for a great price. I hope to sell a nice coil over conversion for those that have other custom setups and just want to rid their X of the T bars.

CMAX

I'd love to have a less harsh ride with lowering. The torsion bars only seem livable at the stock height, and tall sidewall tires.

I'd love to have a less harsh ride with lowering. The torsion bars only seem livable at the stock height, and tall sidewall tires.

You thinking for the coilover conversion for stock use?

CMAX

I've had 18's for over 35k miles, and with it lowered about 2" it's a good bit stiffer than stock. I'm thinking long term since I just rebuilt the rest of the front. I'd like to be able to lower the ball joints in the spindles, to partly level the control arms. The best ride will happen with the control arms level.

Request!!

In between the stock shock mount and upper RCD shock bracket is an aluminum bushing spacer piece, which locates the upper bolt. Could Someone show me a picture which shows this part please?

2 cents on those spacers:

RCD says they are still available. part # 20-833167

They are $5.64 each.

=]

2 cents on those spacers:

RCD says they are still available. part # 20-833167

They are $5.64 each.

=]

Call em, that's what I did =]

If needed, tell em you lost yours or they got ruined by your idiot brother who installed the kit or something ;)

Very welcome man, glad to be of service =]

Hey guys. Very interested in doing coilovers but can someone please tell me what this thread is for? It sounds stupid but please don't bag me... Are these parts like the brackets for the coilovers still available?

hmm not sure., last i heard was Off Road Wharehouse was selling them, ., but you pmed me and said they no longer did, so that means anything after this would have to be custom fabbed,,

i have a call in right now to ORW to call me back about the bracket kits,,

hmm not sure., last i heard was Off Road Wharehouse was selling them, ., but you pmed me and said they no longer did, so that means anything after this would have to be custom fabbed,,

i have a call in right now to ORW to call me back about the bracket kits,,

OffRoadWarehouse said:
No, the guy that was making this kit is no longer with us, not sure if there are any plans to make anymore. the coils were rated at 750lbs.

that's what I got from 'em when I sent 'em a msg over at dezertrangers

well, that sucks,, hmm, time to start watching ebay and CL looking for them to hide away ,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back