RCD shock and mount numbers. | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD shock and mount numbers.

I mentioned I'm a member here, and asked about the possibility of getting the kit back out, or even a "one time run" if there was enough interest and people actually getting the money up-front.

this was the reply I got on 5/5

OffRoadWarehouse said:
Maybe but shocks are hard to get right now 6wks out from FOX.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i tried calling Fox, and couldn't even get through on the phone yesterday, , hmmm

but the shocks can be had from other companies, so all you really need are the mounts,

but the shocks can be had from other companies, so all you really need are the mounts,

Don't forget the Alum tower spacers, Gussets, and grade 8 hardware ;)

And then there is the limit straps & eyelets, plus possible extended brake lines depending on your set up :D

I'm almost ready to plan to convert mine, I haven't read of anyone not having a better ride from the coil over springs.

I'm almost ready to plan to convert mine, I haven't read of anyone not having a better ride from the coil over springs.

that's why I want 'em! just like everybody else :p:

i could take pics, but i can't take mine off they are holding up the front of my Ex, ,

Here are some plans I've found with all of the dimensions

FordRangerCoiloverConversionBracket.jpg

look like they were traced right off the parts too ,

Don't forget the Alum tower spacers, Gussets, and grade 8 hardware ;)

And then there is the limit straps & eyelets, plus possible extended brake lines depending on your set up :D

tower spacers are still available that was established,

bolts can be bought,,

limit straps and eyelets are available,

but some brackets , is better than none,, ,

yeah, if there was somebody that could and was willing to get sets of brackets cut, bent, welded, etc, I'd definitely order a set.

Here are some plans I've found with all of the dimensions

FordRangerCoiloverConversionBracket.jpg

The problem with those drawings is there are no angle dimensions, so unless you were to keep printing at different scales until you found the sweet spot, then traced them onto metal and cut by hand, it'd be VERY difficult to transfer them onto a CAD system to be laser/plasma cut.

...I have an edge coming into the shop Monday, I bet I could make up some templates for you guys that want them, and maybe even offer them with coilovers at a good price.

The problem with those drawings is there are no angle dimensions, so unless you were to keep printing at different scales until you found the sweet spot, then traced them onto metal and cut by hand, it'd be VERY difficult to transfer them onto a CAD system to be laser/plasma cut.

...I have an edge coming into the shop Monday, I bet I could make up some templates for you guys that want them, and maybe even offer them with coilovers at a good price.

keep us updated! :biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back