• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

re-finished the trim in my 03 ST (PICS)

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
HEY ALL, the rubber coating on the trim in my ST's dash was starting to peel a bit near the AC controls, so i took the piece off and re-did it using some tips i got from briandye in another post. it worked out pretty good. i repainted it white since the color of mt ST is white. it gives it a really nice feel coming in and out of the car but isnt too loud. i pulled off the old rubber coating, wetsanded it, painted it, (i used krylon fusion spraypaint for plastic), wetsanded it again, painted it, wetsanded it, and then threw a thin clear coat on it. im sure a lot of you have already done this many times before, but i thought id share some of my results, the info on this forum is awesome. im planning on painting the cladding and bumpers next. pics below.

thanks

CIMG0464.jpg
[/IMG]

CIMG0467.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rboiceiii

Reaction score
City, State
houston, tx.
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt 4x4
turned out nice! i like it

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Great job!!! I really need to repaint mine.

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
thanks, it's pretty easy to do, and the trim piece on the radio is actually pretty easy to take off (two screws). now i just need to replace that stock deck with my alpine. just being lazy about getting the slot and harness.

dgonz

Reaction score
City, State
Porterville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLS
Looks great! The white is a nice touch :thumbsup:

I think you were in the thread that I started about this. I've had the hardest time finding the paint that I want. I've literally looked at every Autozone, O'reilly, Home Depot, Wal Mart and Lowe's from my town to the next 2 cities over and no one carries the color I want (Flat black Krylon Fusion) everyone has gloss and satin color.....so I've ordered it online and put this project on hold.

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
that sucks, where i live in cali, they have every color under the sun in flat. well, post some pics when you get it done. im still deciding whether i want to do the same to the trim around my instrument cluster, or whether that might be too much.