Re-routing diff, tranny, trans etc lines | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Re-routing diff, tranny, trans etc lines

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I was looking at my under carriage trying to figure out why my front end is sagging and I noticed my front diff. over pressure hose got ripped off. I still have about 4" of hose left but its just waiting to get some water or dirt to get in there. Seeing how I have to replace it I was wanting to extend it so I can traverse thru water without having to worry about H2O getting in the lines. Where to route and how high any one done this or have any ideas??

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm afraid I don't have any help to offer, but I'd like more info on this as well... :smoke:

i can't find the threads right now, but several people have rerouted them, front and back(the back is short also) But they brought them all the way up to the firewall right next to the brake booster

Try a search on diff.vent hose or something like that, not to long ago someone han a post with pictures and all about this (yea it was on firewall).

Thanks I will do a search. If anyone already knows the thread please share the info. Thanks Guys!

My front one has been re-routed to the Engine compartment right up to where the brake booster is at. The rear I have never done... I know I should I just have not. :)

My front and tranny are routed up by the brake booster, my rear is in the gas tank filler, by the gascap, t-case is undecided!

Did mine a couple of weeks ago, Bought 9 ft of line and a bag of ties at AutoZone for $6 and change. Line size is 9/32....Front to booster, t-case and tranny to firewall, rear to top of filler tube for gas tank.
Took about 20 minutes, cost under $10...Well worth it.:cool:

I'm gonna run my rear one thru the body into the space between the 1/4 panel and the interior plastic. Big surprize for me was that my front axle appears to have no vent!!! I'm still looking....

If your looking at your truck from the rear the hose is off towards the drivers side, between the spring and the 'pumpkin' and attatches to the frame rail on the drivers side

oops sorry, thought you said rear, well when you find the front lemme know where it is

Thanks Mdrut that was the info I was looking for!

Well, I found the F*&%@ng front air hose. What a PITA!! With the TTB front end it's tucked right up against the bottom of the frame member, and basically blocked from all angles. I ended up just extending it up to the brake booster. I also replaced the t-case line and ran it up to the top of the firewall. That was a pita too!!! I couldn't get the old tube out since they left no room to get to it. I just left the old one in place and ran a new longer one. The only way that line comes out is to drop the tranny, and that ain't gonna happen!!! I ran the line from my rear through the plastic liner around the gas cap, so the tip is now next to the cap inside the filler door.

Mdrut, did your tranny have a vent hose, or just a metal tube??

Ok, I'm pretty sure the line from the tranny is metal and is facing towards the ground. I can't seem to locate the transfer case vent line. Any help???

On my '01 its on the front of the xfer case at the top, and the fitting faces the front of the truck. I don't know if it's in a similar position in the '94.

positive vibes

the transfer case vent is on the drivers side top facing forward, mine has a small hose attached and runs to the top of the tranny to a bracket where it ends. The best way to fuind it is look at the front output , and it is up and to the right a bit.

Good Luck

Thanks SeveVB that was the exact info I was looking for. I already routed the diffs. Now I can to the transfer and tranny thanks again......!

Back