ready for 6" and 35s on my 94...need gameplan...PLZ HELP...!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ready for 6" and 35s on my 94...need gameplan...PLZ HELP...!!!!

hardcore94

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
well i finally got some money saved up and wan to put my 94 explorer on atleast 6" and 35s cuz once its lifted, and me being a welder and workin with cnc lasers and punches and benders and 10ft breaks, its gonna get crazy !!!!

1. whats the cheapest way to gain 6" without a bodylift ????
2. anyone ever used leaf springs off another vehicle that fit ok ??
3. shackles ?? but arent they ####in terrible for your leafs ??

anyone that has there 2gen on atleast 35s, help would be extremely greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!! thanks,travis.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the cheapest would be the fastest to break

1. Your best bet would be to find a used kit on the forum or through ebay. I bought a six inch kit a few years back for 300 and sold it for 200 a year later. There out there, jsut gotta wait for a good deal.

2. If your just looking for 6"s your best bet will be a SOA in the rear. This will give you around 6"s and cost 30 bucks. No need for new springs.

3. Shackles work, but IMO there fugly and with a SOA you shouldnt need them.

:salute:

well i finally got some money saved up and wan to put my 94 explorer on atleast 6" and 35s cuz once its lifted, and me being a welder and workin with cnc lasers and punches and benders and 10ft breaks, its gonna get crazy !!!!

anyone that has there 2gen on atleast 35s, help would be extremely greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!! thanks,travis.
here read these sas progects first
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173855

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168674

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94815

how is the soa when it comes to reliability ??

and could i just buy +6" coils with shocks for the front ?? if so hat would be super sick because my shops on contract with rubicon express and i get discounts for welding there parts !!! =)

with 6" of new lift will there be driveline balancing issues ??

will i need extended arms ? not sure exactly what they look like, but would they be easy to fabricate ?? i can almost literally make anything at work.

PS..thanks again for u guys helpin me, this site is fukn awesome !!!!
L8

SOA is the BEST option for the rear when on a budget. Almost everyone runs SOA. As for just putting coils up front that wont work. Your gonna need the drop brackets for the ttb and the radious arms. As for the drivelines it just depends if its short or not.

drop brackets for the ttb huh ? well, not 100% what ttb means, and im guessin i can just buy drop brackets almost anywhere ? ot i can just amke then..we'll see

No you cant just buy them anywhere, and yes you need them.

These companies make them
Superlift
Skyjacker
James Duff

Back