• Register Today It's free!

Ready to break **** offroad

baloneypony

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLS
So I just picked up a 2004 XLS with D4 axle code, 4.0L, 255/70R16 and it has a light bar and siren for a fire agency. It has dual batteries, larger alternator, and passenger space partially used up by a tablet mount (for Getac F110)

I plan on using this offroad to reach wireless towers and for some general off-roadery.

I'm gonna go for the 3" BTF front spacer and 2.5" rear along with the uniball upper front arms. No body spacer although maybe I should.

With the 3.73 diffs and spacers, I'm wondering if I should be looking at 32" or 33" tires, it has stock right now which appear to be near-new so that will be a while. I really liked using 32x11.5 KO2s on my 2007 Colorado in the past, but that was such an unreliable piece of crap platform....

I wonder if any struts from other vehicles will fit (instead of using these spacers) for more travel. I found some discussion here for older models but not so much for the 02-05.

Sounds like a good project.:chug: Sorry I can't help with info about the struts.

Thanks man. Is 32" a good limit or is 33" OK with 3.73 diffs and the 4 liter ?

Back