Really miss sending destination addresses to NAV | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Really miss sending destination addresses to NAV

Tom shaw

Reaction score
City, State
Batesville, ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer limited
Love my 17 Explorer - the one thing I really miss is the ability to send navigation addresses from Mapquest, Google or the destination app. Wish Ford would rethink this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love my 17 Explorer - the one thing I really miss is the ability to send navigation addresses from Mapquest, Google or the destination app. Wish Ford would rethink this.
Please update your profile and add the trim level as well. It shows a 2013 Explorer. Thanks.

I miss the ability to pinpoint my exact location (latitude and longitude). It is no help at all, if I come across an accident on the highway, for the navigation system to tell me my location is Highway 17. I have to carry a hand-held gps in the vehicle because this system is so inadequate.

I miss the ability to pinpoint my exact location (latitude and longitude). It is no help at all, if I come across an accident on the highway, for the navigation system to tell me my location is Highway 17. I have to carry a hand-held gps in the vehicle because this system is so inadequate.
If you use Android Auto either Waze or Google maps will show you GPS coordinates. We were 'lost' in NW Kentucky on Monday and Waze maps were incomplete (I'm assuming because lack of a cell signal) so I switched over to Google maps. I can't remember which one it was (I think it was Waze), but it actually put the exact coordinates on the screen when I clicked on the arrow. At any rate switching between different maps is a quick click of the screen while using AA.

I was hesitant to use anything other than the factory NAV at first, partly because I didn't like/wasn't used to the AA set-up, but it was either tweaked between July of last year and now or the 'second chance' I gave it proved to be the trick. I actually enjoy using Waze more than the factory NAV now. You don't have to worry about outdated maps (at least not as much) and the interaction from other 'Wazers' is amazing. Being able to alert to traffic, accidents, police, broken down vehicles, etc is great. It made our 11-13 hour trip to Florida (a lot of stops with two little boys) seem a lot quicker and it feels good alerting other drivers to possible issues.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You are correct. I just tried it on mine and there is no provision for a lat/long readout. I'm sure it was there on the Sync 2 system. Did find out though that Sirius traffic is now active. Not sure for how long or when it began.:dunno:

Peter

Thanks Supr Squirrel. Your ideas are really helpful. I like to think of myself as pretty techy but the complexity of the multitude systems on this vehicle has me thinking twice. Absurd that we should be concerned about cell phones being responsible for distracted driving when it can become a full time occupation to manage many of the other settings in this vehicle (and it is so tempting to do so while driving).

Peter, I bellyached to our local dealer about this. He agreed that it is a significant deficiency and has been getting lots of complaints from other customers. He anticipates it will come back in future years but made no comment as to whether it would be brought back as an update to existing Sync 3 installations.

Back