• Register Today It's free!

Rear 12v power

Volksjager

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU EB
Find the rear power and was trying to install my sub however I’m not getting power at that location. Is there a fuse I can check? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found this but I don’t know where it’s located. Checked the fuses under the hood and they all look good.

Where did you find the rear power you referenced in post #1? Does the PIU have the same power outlet on the left side cargo panel? Fuse #21 in the engine bay compartment fuse box is for the cargo area powerpoint. Are you sure it is good? Did you check it with a meter? Fuse #20 is also 20A. If unsure about #21, you could always try switching them.

Peter

Thanks for responding Peter. I only saw the it listed on the right side in the modifiers guide. Based on the guide I was probably looking at a different fuse than the one you’re telling me to look at. I did replace both 50a and still got nothing. I’ll swap out the one you’re suggesting and see if that works.

Going off this diagram the 20a I’m pointing too is #20? I also replaced 1 and 2. No dice. Still not getting any power 😔

Going off this diagram the 20a I’m pointing too is #20? I also replaced 1 and 2. No dice. Still not getting any power 😔
Yes, that would appear to be it. I got the fuse info from the Owner's Manual.

Peter

Yes, that would appear to be it. I got the fuse info from the Owner's Manual.

Peter
I’m not sure what else it could be. I did have a shop install a remote start. Perhaps they tapped into that? They had mentioned it was a mess of wiring underneath the console area. I’ll ask them on Monday.

If it were mine, I would run a new, dedicated lower gauge wire run for a sub, then I'd still want to find out why the 12V isn't live but for the sub at least, it wouldn't matter.

Local dealer was kind enough to print this out for me. It’s the wiring diagram which is a little different than the one in the modifiers guide.
In it it shows a connection C260. He printed out where that was located on the vehicle. He said it was behind the kick panel on the drivers side. Suggested I check to see if it is getting power there and work my way back.

Was digging back into the rear power to see why it’s not hot. Found this bundle of wires on the p/s console. Any one know why these would be cut? Photo

Traced the rear power all the way to the firewall and it isn’t getting any power there either. No friggin clue why. Going to try running a 8 awg wire through the hole in the A pillar (where the spot light use to be) and see if I can tucked everything nice and out of way.

Back