Rear Amp\Sub Wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Amp\Sub Wiring

Hockeyride

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Adrenalin
Hello guys, I'm new here and this is my first post.
I'd like to install my amp and sub from my F150 (traded in for 08 STA). I know it will fit under the seat, but my question is about the factory wiring. I'm going to run new power and ground wires, but am I able to use the wiring harness at the amp to get the signal.
I don't plan on switching the head unit for now, but I am upgrading the speakers and the sub. I really like the sync and bluetooth features (6 disc system), so I don't want to install my pioneer and lose all the gadgets.
Any ideas on my wiring question would be helpful.
Thanks

I'm assuming it's an aftermarket sub and amp, and you only plan to run the sub off the amp? If so, you should be able to tap into the factory amp (input side?) for the high level signals into your amp. You still might need a LOC to convert them to RCAs. Typically this will sound better than using the hig-level inputs on your amp (if you have them).

It is tough to justify replacing the factory deck anymore. Yes, you would get much better sound, but you'd lose a lot of features. Both of my Fords have the 6-disk, steering wheel controls, etc. I just can't justify replacing them. I've been tempted to try a "JL CleanSweep" or like device.

Yes, you can most definitely get the signal and remote turn on lads at the factory harness. I'll get you the color codes in the morning (after the baby seat is dropped off). I just happen to have the stuff pulled out in the process of a redo. For a bit of instruction removing the rear "stuff", look here:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showpost.php?p=2095005&postcount=4

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll pick up an Loc in the next couple of weeks and get it installed. I just installed my pioneers in the front and with the tweeters, this truck sounds much better. Much more of a full theatre with the tweeters.
Looking forward to getting the amp and sub installed. I built the closed sub box to fit under the seat in my F150, and I'm sure it will easily fit under the back seat in the STA.
I will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks again :)

Back