Rear Blower Making Noise

Rcksblr

Reaction score
City, State
Spragle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey all - 2015 Ford Explorer Sport.

My rear blower is making a weird vibrating noise. Blows Heat and A/C just fine - but it's making a weird noise. The noise corresponds with the fan speed you set it to so as you increase fan speed it gets louder and more pronounced as expected. Also It also blows dust out of the vents. We live in a rural area with gravel roads so when you run the blower it blows the dust, then its good once blown out. When you drive again on the gravel roads it seems to collect more dust and then needs to be blown out again. Somehow there is dust getting in the system. Is there an air intake where dust can get in?

My original thought is it's either a bearing and the fan needs replaced or there is something in there rubbing? I did a quick search online and did not see much for this so figured I would post up a thread. Anyone saw this before or have any ideas? I will take a video and post it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the reply! I'll make note to check the weather stripping all around. The dust had me really scratching my head. The fan making noise is something I have come across but just never on the rear system. I'll take the fan out and see what's going on there. Tried to upload a video but it doesn't seem to be an option to upload?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't know if the bearing is replaceable or if you have to replace the blower motor itself. It is shown as #3 near the bottom of the page; Auxiliary Heater & AC for 2015 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
I don't know how dust is getting in there unless the liftgate or a rear door isn't sealing properly.

Peter

You can upload video. Several members have posted short Youtube ones. If you are trying to use the "attach files" button then you can't. You have to have an Elite Explorer membership ($20) for that.
I've never tried another option since I took out my Elite membership shortly after joining.

Peter

Did you figure out where the dust was coming from? I have the same issue...

Back