• Register Today It's free!

Rear brakes and shackles

MFC Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Peabody MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
so its done. i had a busy week. i replaced my rear brakes and rotors and can i just say what a pain in the ass. i mean it really wasnt bad except for the rust. now i also installed my warrior shackles. again easy except for the one bolt that was rusted on. nowi dont know about any of you guys but i dont think i got much lift out of them if anyhting i would say it more leveled it off. yes i measured and the back is a half inch higher but im not even gonna do the torsion twist cause i dont really need it. anyone have any ideas how i can get the lift? my thought is that the leaf springs are just too worn and are stretching to much. other than though id say i had a very productive week. i have pictures too that ill try to get up soon.

You could just replace the leaf pack, or AAL (Add A Leaf).

Either of those would get a little more height in the rear.

did you take a measurement of the rear ride height before you installed the shackles?

sounds like they were sagged before. that would explain only gettin 1/2" rake after install

yea i im almost positive they were sagged before i just didnt realize how bad. after driving it this weekend i noticed that it got a little higher so i think it might have just been my driveway cause its not the greatest.

Back