• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Rear Bumper from... England?

BamakoJon

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer, XLT
Callsign
KI5DGM
Okay, so this is a random question, but I just found out that they sold the 2nd gen Explorers in England (it's kind of funny to see them with right-hand drive), and upon looking it up I noticed across the pond they got a different rear bumper than we do here in the States.
See an image here: https://d1ix0byejyn2u7.cloudfront.n.../images/used/big/fordexplorer2_749_500_70.jpg

It looks like they have lights or at least reflectors in the bumper, which is kind of neat. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen one of these bad boys here in the US, or if they ever sold it here...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ThreeJs

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas/Henderson NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB Explorer 4x4
Looks like a 1997 Mountaineer rear bumper to me.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
It does look like a 1997 Mountaineer bumper, but in chrome...

upload_2019-11-13_6-5-21.png

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
Overseas their DOT's have regulations for things like a dedicated rear fog light (like an extra bright single tail light) and also a single dim rear light for parking at night on their narrow streets. I assume that's why that bumper has lights in it and yes it looks a lot like the '97 Monty rear bumper.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
ask @blueka, he lives in the UK and was also living in canada for a few years so he knows both body styles

blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XL & 99 Sport V8
That rear bumper is Euro spec.
We have a rear foglight and reflector either side
FB_IMG_1575074663244.jpg

Si