• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Rear bumper reflectors removal

Cadiburns

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘17 Explorer Sport
anyone know the easiest way to remove the reflectors on the rear bumper? I’m assuming they pry off but didn’t want to pull on the wrong side and break anything. Or is there a way to get at them from behind the bumper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
Not sure why you want to remove them but I believe rear reflectors are required by law.
Hard to tell from illustration but looks like they just snap in. I don't recall this coming up here before.

Peter

Eyurk

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
They’re pretty easy to remove. There’s two clip like things on the back of the reflectors. A screw driver got them out for me. I took my reflectors apart and turned them into lights that work like the park/brake lights

JETZ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Why???
Something stupid to do, too much time on your hands? They are there for SAFTEY, have you heard of it???

anyone know the easiest way to remove the reflectors on the rear bumper? I’m assuming they pry off but didn’t want to pull on the wrong side and break anything. Or is there a way to get at them from behind the bumper?

Last edited:

Eric F

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
So Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
That's what I like about you, JETZ. Always something positive to say. :rolleyes:

JETZ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
SAFTEY, is always a positive ERIC.
...and the OP didn’t even mention‘why’? :dunno:

That's what I like about you, JETZ. Always something positive to say. :rolleyes:

Cadiburns

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘17 Explorer Sport
Why???
Something stupid to do, too much time on your hands? They are there for SAFTEY, have you heard of it???
Calm down, Francis. Bet you’re a blast at parties.

Adrianc1158

Reaction score
City, State
philladelphia, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer xlt
They’re pretty easy to remove. There’s two clip like things on the back of the reflectors. A screw driver got them out for me. I took my reflectors apart and turned them into lights that work like the park/brake lights
Thanks, my son managed to break one reflector glass so I plan to try and replace without hitting the dealership

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
Thanks, my son managed to break one reflector glass so I plan to try and replace without hitting the dealership
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter