Rear bumper replaced now camera grainy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear bumper replaced now camera grainy

Bkellum

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT 4W
I've always loved the rear camera resolution of my 2013 Explorer. I had to have the 3 piece non-painted portion of the bumper replaced. After picking up from the Ford body shop, I noticed my camera looks grainy. Any ideas how this repair would effect the camera as the camera is installed above the license plate?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My understanding is the wiring for the rear view camera goes up the tailgate to the top and into the body roof area at the top of the hatch. No where near the rear bumper parts.

Did they touch anything up there?

No repairs made to the tailgate but I did have a third row seat repaired at the same visit (caved the back of the seat in the first time I hauled some music equipment). Strange.

No repairs made to the tailgate but I did have a third row seat repaired at the same visit (caved the back of the seat in the first time I hauled some music equipment). Strange.

1st gen seat backs were reportedly weak, possibly plywood. Now they have a crossbar pattern that was pictured here, 2014 and up use this newer seatback, and any replaced on older models, so they seem to be braced well enough now.

Possibly the camera was smacked or hit while they were working on the 3rd row?

Could there perhaps be some over spray on the lense? I don't see any reason why a camera would be affected by a repair to the bumper. as stated by Sgt1411.

Peter

I've always loved the rear camera resolution of my 2013 Explorer. I had to have the 3 piece non-painted portion of the bumper replaced. After picking up from the Ford body shop, I noticed my camera looks grainy. Any ideas how this repair would effect the camera as the camera is installed above the license plate?

Hi Bkellum,

I'd recommend returning to your dealership so they can check this out. Let us know what you hear. How many miles are on your Explorer?

Crystal

Back