Rear calipers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear calipers

fozwanger

Reaction score
City, State
Gloucestershire
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi, I’m fitting an explorer axle into my Ford ranger and need new rear Calipers, I can get 2002 onwards Calipers in the uk Readily but not ones for 1995-2001. Online, they look very similar but I can’t find any p/no’s etc to compare.
Can anyone tel
Me if they’re the same or not please? I can get some from rock auto in the us but it makes them quite expensive especially if I done know if they are the correct ones? Any help will be greatly appreciated 👍🏼

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rockauto is your answer. Compare part numbers. Extremely doubtful they are the same.

Rockauto is your answer. Compare part numbers. Extremely doubtful they are the same.

Rear left
RAYBESTOS FRC10630N Specifications
Bleeder Screw Thread3/8"-24
Caliper Casting MaterialCast Iron
Caliper ConfigurationSemi-Loaded (Does Not Include Pads)
Caliper Piston Diameter (MM)47.900
Caliper Piston Quantity1
Caliper TypeFloating
Manufacturing TypeNew
Surface FinishPlain

Rear right

RAYBESTOS FRC10629N Specifications
Bleeder Screw Thread3/8"-24
Caliper Casting MaterialCast Iron
Caliper ConfigurationSemi-Loaded (Does Not Include Pads)
Caliper Piston Diameter (MM)47.900
Caliper Piston Quantity1
Caliper TypeFloating
Manufacturing TypeNew
Surface FinishPlain

They are different
Been there

Different bolt hole locations
And brake pad design
One truck has a solid axle one has independent suspension

So you are saying second gen calipers are the same as third gen calipers?
I think he is asking, as would I in same situation, are the differences something that can be adapted to make them fit the earlier axle.

I think he is asking, as would I in same situation, are the differences something that can be adapted to make them fit the earlier axle.
By the time you start modifying things, especially brake components, you’re probably better off just ordering the right parts, ESPECIALLY if they’re coming from the exact same vendor.

Hi, I’m fitting an explorer axle into my Ford ranger and need new rear Calipers, I can get 2002 onwards Calipers in the uk Readily but not ones for 1995-2001. Online, they look very similar but I can’t find any p/no’s etc to compare.
Can anyone tel
Me if they’re the same or not please? I can get some from rock auto in the us but it makes them quite expensive especially if I done know if they are the correct ones? Any help will be greatly appreciated 👍🏼
I bought 4 rebuilt calipers on Amazon. The brand is called Power Stop. They’re powder coated red and work great. It was around $230 for all 4.

Back