• Register Today It's free!

Rear camera and beepers

Hammertime3

Reaction score
City, State
Seaford, De
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Just in case you have this problem...noticed this morning that when I backed out of the garage, the beepers associated with the camera for backing up beeped all the time, though nothing was behind me. Did it three or four times. I wondered if something might have been covering one of the camera lens making it think there was an object in the way, so I just took a finger and cleaned them and pronto...problem solved. I could see very little on the lenses, so I guess they're sesitive enough to pick up small particles of debris. Might save someone a trip to the dealer. BTW, this was my '13 XLT I'm talking about.

Bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The beeping comes from the sensors that are on the bumper, those little circles that you see on there.
Also you must have this warning beep setting set to 'on' from the left hand drivers display, it either has a warning or no warning while backing up.

The cam itself cant make the car beep during backup even if its covered.
Frequent cleaning with a finger is all it needs.

I also back out of a garage and the sensors cover the rear of the car and a good bit left and to the right of the rear corners.
I have the beeping as I back out since the sensors are picking up the sides of the garage and the sides of the garage door.
It sounds like its working as it should. :thumbsup:

Owners manual page 247 (4th printing)

Had same issue

About three weeks ago. Backed up out of a parking space with nothing behind me. Beepers went off. Moved to open space and cycled reverse to drive 3-4 times before it stopped.

Grimlins ?

It will beep at something in the corner as well. Mine always beeps til I clear the garage door.

The same thing happened to me and I thought something was wrong with the camera. Then, as previously metioned, I realized that the camera doesnt cause the beep. I wiped off the sensors and presto, no more beeps.
The sensors tend to get dirty in sloppy spring weather in this area.

Reverse Parking beeps

Is there a way to lower the volume of the warning beeps? I don't want to disable them altogether but think they are a bit too loud! It beeps continuous as I park pretty tight in my basement lot, as a courtesy to the neighbor. The beep keep ringing in my head while I walk to the elevator!

Leju

No volume control that I'm aware of but you can 'Disable' the Rear Parking Aid.

Peter

The back up sensors on the sides of your bumper are picking up the sides of the garage door. Mine does this all the time. I generally ignore it unless I am too close on one side! Nothing to worry about

Somewhat related. I have BLIS and when I drive down a certain road that is near me that is about a quarter mile of one really long tall hedge close to the road, my passenger BLIS goes off the whole way thinking something is in the blind spot.

With backup sensors and BLIS, I have no prob getting a rare false positive as long as it picks up everything else I need it to. My back-up/side sensors and BLIS all work great.

Back