Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

Do the sensors still produce an increasing audible sound as you approach an object? I know that a replacement camera has to be programmed to the vehicle but I have no idea if that applies to a replacement sensor. I wouldn't think so. Have you had it back to the dealer? It could be the camera is bad.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do the sensors still produce an increasing audible sound as you approach an object? I know that a replacement camera has to be programmed to the vehicle but I have no idea if that applies to a replacement sensor. I wouldn't think so. Have you had it back to the dealer? It could be the camera is bad.

Peter

Yes, all front and rear sensors work correctly and display on the screen. Just no lines or zoom/wide angle view. I'll be reaching back out to the body shop tomorrow.

I wonder if that specialized Ford Android app for codes will reset it? I replaced mine (camera) just a few minutes ago and haven't tried, but I bet it will. That app's pretty all-inclusive. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

I'm running by a buddy (Independent shop) in a few minutes to see if his high-dollar scanner can do it. If it can't, I will try the app and report back. I'm not paying a dealership to do it regardless. Just on general principle. I was raised in an independent garage my daddy ran for 45 years. I can live without the lines.

Edit: Here it is. FORScan Home

I was able to use FORScan from the laptop and rewrite the line in the module. Got it back up without any trouble after. Thanks

I was able to use FORScan from the laptop and rewrite the line in the module. Got it back up without any trouble after. Thanks
The Grey,
What module and parameters did you use to rewrite the line in the module?

The Grey,
What module and parameters did you use to rewrite the line in the module?
FYI, the member was last seen here on December 31st, 2019. Hopefully another member may be able to assist.

Peter

Back