• Register Today It's free!

Rear camera sound

Kwbrande

Reaction score
City, State
Virgina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Does anyone know how/if I can turn the rear camera beeping sound off on a 2015 Explorer? I have a bike rack on the back and it senses the rack and puts out a continuous tone. Surely Ford thought about this happening any time you are towing something.
Thanks

Not sure about the system on the Explorers but on some Ford vehicles you can temporarily turn off the beeping by pressing the odometer reset button, then it comes back on the next time the vehicle is started or can be permanently disabled by a console menu entry. On some systems when it starts beeping there will be an option that pops up on the console display and you can hit the off button on the steering wheel.

The second you put it in reverse a window pops up on the screen to the left of the Speedo and you have the option to turn it off by selecting it!

Does anyone know how/if I can turn the rear camera beeping sound off on a 2015 Explorer? I have a bike rack on the back and it senses the rack and puts out a continuous tone. Surely Ford thought about this happening any time you are towing something.
Thanks

They have and as mentioned above, all you have to do is turn it off.

Back