• Register Today It's free!

Rear defroster issue

frankcal

Reaction score
City, State
Perris, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport XLT 3.73C, 5R55E
Hi all, I recently took in my explorer to get the windows tinted, including the hatch. Everything checked out fine upon first inspection but today I noticed the one of the connections to the rear defroster was just dangling. I went back in the tint shop and the guy said it was no issue it just has to be glued on. So he glued it on and off I went for the time being. I'm not sure if the connection part has to be soldered on since its electrical or if it will be fine just gluing it back into place. I cant test it out yet to be sure since I just got them done 2 days ago and it hasn't been cold to actually notice. If anyone has any input on this I would really appreciate it, thank you.

As far as I know you have to use an electrical conducting type glue.

Thanks for your input guys it will definitely be something to keep an eye on and test out as soon as it starts cooling down here again.

DjDom thanks for the link I'll pick up a kit and keep it handy just in case the glue he used now doesn't work. It's cheap enough to have it even though I might not use it just to be on the safe side.

Back