Rear double door strikers for a 1996 cargo Aerostar van. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear double door strikers for a 1996 cargo Aerostar van.

motogeezer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Aerostar Cargo
I have a 96 cargo. Had broken sliding door latch, I replaced it, and door now latches. However.....gotta slam it. I've also noticed that my rear double doors
(remember..cargo van) don't latch tight.
Shouldn't the strikers have a nylon bushings? I know the front doors do, and I suspect that 20 years of slammin' may have broken the nylon (or plastic) bushings
off of the side and rear strikers. The rear doors had a total of 4, a top and bottom for each, and none have anything but what amounts to a roll pin for the latch to seat upon. I'm thinking that replacement strikers are in order.
Anyone have input?? I suspect the local Ford dealer will tell me they're no longer available.

The dealer won't have parts for it since it's a discontinued vehicle which is more than 10 years old unless they specialize in keeping old stock parts. The sliding door has 3 adjustments. You might be able to get the strike & washer from an auto parts store which sells Help/Dorman/Motormite parts.

Much as I expected. I'll likely attempt a home repair, after checking the "help"
display at the local auto parts. Thanks

Back