Rear Drive Shaft U-Joint Cup size for 91 XLT Manual Trans? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Drive Shaft U-Joint Cup size for 91 XLT Manual Trans?

chris070780

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
My U-joints went bad in my Rear drive shaft on my 91 XLT 5-speed. I have been off-roading with a 91 Auto Tranny drive shaft which is smaller. So I figure its best I fix my bigger shaft. What is the cup size of the U-joint on the Manual Transmission rear drive shaft? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4x4 4door 5sp. Thanks!

advance auto parts:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...l-Joint-Neapco_5270189-P_17_R|GRPUCVSAMS_____

I used these, they have a grease fitting, and come pre-greased ready to install. It says you need a strap kit, but this isn't true for the explorer because, the u-joint is pressed in and uses clips.

There's the $12 ones but I don't see a grease fitting on them to be able to service them.

Well I used the 2wd version, but this is the brand I used. The store gave me crap for wanting the cheaper joints... I told them I don't have a 400hp v6, why do I need the brute force joints.

Back