• Register Today It's free!

Rear Driver Side Window Problem

Clutchless1995

Reaction score
City, State
Alexandria, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
I have a 1995 XLT that just hit 100,000 miles. The rear driver side window will not operate from either the master switch or the door switch. All other windows operate properly. Could it be the motor? Is there a separate fuse for that window? Does anyone have a suggestion before I decide whether to take the door apart or just ignore it?

well, I always find that if I ignore things, they just go away... :). You won't be able to solve your problem without going into the door panel and / or door post area. You need to check for voltages at the window motor in question. If there is voltage (and ground) there, then its a motor problem. IF there is not voltage (and ground), then its a wiring problem and it is somewhere between the motor and the splice in the door post especially if your right side rear window works which also takes its "stuff" from the same splice.... likely wire in question is R/LB (at least in my 96 drawings). It could also be the window switch on that door. More checks... :)

I had the same thing happen to my '96. Try this first before you start buying a new motor; If your other windows are working its not the breaker, fuse or the child safety switch. The backing of the switch may have worked its way loose. Pull off the armrest and look at the switch. The clips still should holding the back in place. If for some reason the clips have let go then the contacts are open regardless where you are trying to operate it from. Barring that, try a voltmeter on the leads going to the motor.

Back