Rear end Parts diagram website 2002 Explorer? or bearing seal at cv to hub location? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear end Parts diagram website 2002 Explorer? or bearing seal at cv to hub location?

AIRBLUE

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4.0 4x4
Specifcally looking for rear hub, cv, diff breakdown - did search and looked at stickies - did I miss it or does someone have this. Urgent this am.

trying to find if there is a seal either on the inner or outer of the rear hub. I have none where cv shaft enters wheel hub and go's through bearing. Had another wheel bearing failure after 1 year. Thought maybe after meltdown of 1st bearing that seal may have been lost????

Yes, I torqued wheel nut!

There is no seals where the hubs fit over the axles. The seals are at the differential on both sides and at the pinion.

Thank you JCR - there was a older post that mentioned a "dust seal" and a rear axle seal. It was in a very good write up on the wheel bearing problem 3rd gen by member Pontisteve.

Looks like there should be one? What protects the wheel bearing from contamination? looks like water etc... can enter from side closest to diff.

Thanks for answering I was in a rush to get all my parts today so I could work on it over the weekend and didnt want to miss a "special order" part

There is no seals where the hubs fit over the axles. The seals are at the differential on both sides and at the pinion.

Back