• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Rear glass latch bolts broken

jstorm001

Reaction score
City, State
Levittown , PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Today I notice after putting groceries in the rear glass wasn't closing properly when I got home I took a closer look both bolts were rusted away that hold down the striker to the glass. Does anyone else had this problem ? and what size are these bolt's? my rear applique is already broken i'll just pull it off I bought a new one few years ago this will give me a reason to put it on now..... any help will be helpful thanks!!

101appleimg1135.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jghake

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1983 F250 HD 4x4
My 2003 had a rear glass hinge factory recall. It wasn't shutting right and the little holes in the glass that the hinge attaches too were leaking. I took it to the dealer and it was all fixed for free.

You might just want to see if that is the case with yours. Also your pictures didnt work!

jstorm001

Reaction score
City, State
Levittown , PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
I had that recall done back in 2007 they replaced the hinges and the window struts brackets on the glass. Don't think the recall was for the striker.

jghake

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1983 F250 HD 4x4
For whatever reason your picture works for me now. Sorry I misunderstood!

jstorm001

Reaction score
City, State
Levittown , PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
No problem . i contact varsityfordparts.com by email there trying to help me out looks like its a rectangle medal plate with the bolts mounted on it. I guess if they can't help me i'll just have to buy bolts & washers from home depot i just dont know if thats going to stress the glass.