RN2001

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
HELP!!
I need to remove the rear internal paneling on my Explorer. However, the rear
glass lift gate won't open. How do I remove the panelling when I can't get the
glass open??
I am removing the panelling because the lift gate itself is stuck closed as well. I can't open it from the outside. All of my research says to remove the interior panelling to gain access to the latch where I can fix it. However, in all of my research, the glass lift gate doesn't have a problem.
I have a bookshelf in the back of my car that I am trying to get out so I don't have to continue to shuffle it around. Plus, I don't want people thinking that there is something of interest in my vehicle worth stealing.
This is a high priority item on my end! Please assist!!!

P.S. I'm new and am unsure if this is the correct forum for my posting...

HELP!!
I need to remove the rear internal paneling on my Explorer. However, the rear
glass lift gate won't open. How do I remove the panelling when I can't get the
glass open??
I am removing the panelling because the lift gate itself is stuck closed as well. I can't open it from the outside. All of my research says to remove the interior panelling to gain access to the latch where I can fix it. However, in all of my research, the glass lift gate doesn't have a problem.
I have a bookshelf in the back of my car that I am trying to get out so I don't have to continue to shuffle it around. Plus, I don't want people thinking that there is something of interest in my vehicle worth stealing.
This is a high priority item on my end! Please assist!!!

P.S. I'm new and am unsure if this is the correct forum for my posting...

It looks like you should be able to access a plastic cover at the window latch area from inside the truck. I'd start there. Spray some WD40 or something at it once you get inside.

I was able to get my rear hatch open by cycling the locks over and over again for a few minutes, it eventually freed enough for me to open the hatch. I sprayed down both latches with liquid wrench then took off the panel and sprayed down the window mechanism. Both open as good as new now.

Back