rear hatch crack | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear hatch crack

i purchased a used 2002 EB last year and love it so far. my one complaint is that i have a crack on the rear hatch right below where the glass meets the body that seems to be expanding downward. i would attach pics but i was having a hard time figuring out how to do so. does anyone have any idea how to stop cracks like this from getting worse, and how much it might cost to fix?

i wonder if this is an issue with explorers because i noticed another one in a parking lot with a similar problem. i did a search and didn't see anything on the board about it though. thanks!

Yes this is an issue and Ford doesn't seem to want to address it. I know that the panel is around $50 + paintwork costs. Its plastic, that's why it cracks.

thanks for the response. when you quote the approximate prices, is that at the ford dealership or a body shop? although i doubt it, is there anyway to repair this by oneself?

Does anyone make an aftermarket (fiberglass) replacement for this? I may have a look into getting one fabricated locally if not.

Back