• Register Today It's free!

rear hatch liner screw size?

Jalk

Reaction score
City, State
Whittier, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer v8 XLT
I had to replace the actuator on the rear hatch for my 1999 Explorer XLT V8 (works great now!), but when we took off the hatch liner we lost the little screw that secures the liner next to the window latch. Anyone know offhand what size/thread that is? I'm in small town Alaska with limited hardware available, and need to ask someone to pick one up for me when they go to the city. Right now the liner is popping up and interferring with the window latching.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You still looking for this info? I assume you are asking about the single sheet metal screw under the small oval-shaped access plug?

You still looking for this info? I assume you are asking about the single sheet metal screw under the small oval-shaped access plug?
Hi! Yes that’s the one, but I found one that worked, I think it was a #8 sheet metal screw. Thanks!

Sounds good! BTW...good to hear from someone in Whittier. Visited there a couple times (son lives in Anchorage). Roadway tunnel thru the mountain is cool. Hiked frozen Portage Lake to the glacier in April, hung around Girdwood and Alyseska Resort. Be back up that way in Sept.

Sounds good! BTW...good to hear from someone in Whittier. Visited there a couple times (son lives in Anchorage). Roadway tunnel thru the mountain is cool. Hiked frozen Portage Lake to the glacier in April, hung around Girdwood and Alyseska Resort. Be back up that way in Sept.
Cool! Bought my Explorer from a local here, by my count we have at least 4 late-ninties Explorers still still running round this town, which isn't bad for a town of only 200 people! If you're through Whittier in early September before we close for the Winter, stop by the Sportsman's bar. A hidden locals' dive bar jem where I'm bartending this summer.

Unfortunately, I won't be up there until the end of Sept.

Kind of a funny story...my son owned a '96 Explorer and we drove it to Seward one year. He mentioned he might need new front brake pads, but didn't have any place to do the work where he lived. So, we bought the pads (rotors were fine) and, with the tools he had with him, we swapped out the pads on the way back at the turn-out off Seward Hwy just before it passes over Placer River and begins to wind around the lower part of Turnagain Arm. A couple of times a concerned traveler would stop and ask if we needed any help (love the friendliness of the people up there). Nope...just doing a routine brake job on the side of the road. Life on the frontier...lol!

Back