Rear hvac control and blower fan location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear hvac control and blower fan location

fmplatt530

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer EB
Hi I just bought an '09 explorer and it's been great

Just curious about the rear hvac control. What is the button that looks like a seat?
Also I have warm air blowing out of the vent behind the center console, but none coming out of the ceiling vents. Where is the rear blower motor located? Any information about the rear hvac system would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi I just bought an '09 explorer and it's been great

Just curious about the rear hvac control. What is the button that looks like a seat?
Also I have warm air blowing out of the vent behind the center console, but none coming out of the ceiling vents. Where is the rear blower motor located? Any information about the rear hvac system would be appreciated.

Thank you
Ok I put some more effort into figuring out how it works, and I found that it indeed functions as its supposed to. I'd still like to know where the access to components (blower, heater core, etc.) for the rear system is located. Thanks again

Location of the rear hvac and motor are left side in the trunk. There is a little pannel that looks like a grill and that is the access pannel it is easy to find. To replace anything other than the blower motor resistor i think you have to remove the entire left side interior trim.

Back