• Register Today It's free!

Rear leaf spring sag

Todderr

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Limited
My 94 has the famous drivers side sag in the rear leafs and I will be installing a SuperLift 5.5 lift in the near future. So my question is can I buy replacement springs or should I try and find a set at the junk yard? Also are the springs interchangable from side to side.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the leafs are interchangable from side to side. Doesnt the 5.5 kit come with new leaf springs?

The 5.5" superlift and the 6" skyjacker both include "axle relocation brackets" (new spring perches) if I'm not mistaken. Basically, you keep your stock leaves and do a "spring over axle" conversion or SOA as its commonly referred to. As far as new leaves go... I'm not sure what to do. I guess you could find a passenger side leaf from a junkyard explorer. That should be the same height as your current passenger side leaf. So take the new (old) spring and put it on the opposite (driver's side) that is sagging. That's my opinion.

-Joe

yeah i'd either get some NOS or OEM leafs..get some serious lift..or pull a passenger off a junkyard ex..orrrr jus go ahead and swap yours..they are interchangable

You can get spring from JC Whitney for less than $100. They still need bushings, that is cheap. We swaped springs on mine from my Navajo parts truck and so far the problem is solved. The time to do it is during you spring over conversion.

Back