rear leaf spring too worn, lift ideas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear leaf spring too worn, lift ideas

gcf1010

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie bauer
Hello all and thanks in advance for any help or input

I have a 99 Eddie Bauer 5.0 awd ( well an awd with no front axle, driveshaft, or halfshafts) I've done the longer torilsion bar bolt and maxed out the driver side bar ( the key is up against the frame) the passenger side is close. The front end was sagging when I did the TT and I got 3 inches of lift but think it's only two inches over factory. For the rear I started off with an aal and then added some shackles I had made up. I believe I only got 2 inches and I think that it's only 1 inch over factory.

So for now I'm kinda happy with the front but the rear is 1 1/2 to 2 inches lower than the front. My near future goal is soa and spindles and 5-6 inches of lift front and rear and 35 in tires. But for now I want to replace the leaf springs with the newest used ones I can get. My theory is to get springs from the last few years of the rangers. As they have less years and miles but I Dont know the compatibility. (I also want to to the same for the torsion bars.)

80's f150 springs

Back