Rear leafs w/ jd lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear leafs w/ jd lift

yz250

Reaction score
I currently have a james duff 2.5" lift on my 94 xlt 4dr. The problem that I have is the rear end sags and sits about an inch lower than it should. This is because the factory leafs are worn out. My question is how should I approach this? I would like to get a complete spring pack that lifts the truck about 2.5" that way I could forgo the add-a-leaf. But, I haven't been able to find a source for a spring pack that will lift the truck that height. I do have the tow package with the overload spring right now.

Thanks
Michael

Michael,
I am in the same boat as you. I haven't found springs to lift the rear 2.5" yet either. I did replace my 7.5" long shackles from James Duff with Warrior Products 8.5" long shackles. This gave me another 1/2" of lift. This helps a little.

Mark

------------------
Mark
mark@legendz.com
http://mark.legendz.com
Off-Road and Motorcycle Information, Pictures and Movies

I have a skyjacker add a leaf. I gave me about 2". I was looking to get a spring pack that wasnt as harsh as the Add a leaf. I called National Spring and they said they could make any custom spring, any size for $500. Ouch! They design it on the computer and use about 10 small leafs in the pack.I guess its worth it if nothing else is avail.
See ya, Jim Mazz

Back