• Register Today It's free!

Rear Panel Size

TTG

Reaction score
City, State
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Just how deep is that panel? Trying to figure out how deep of a sub I can stuff in there before having to just put the box in the back, which I really don't want to have to do. Still gotta find a place for the amp too...

I had though about stuffing a Kicker L5 10" in there, as pretty much every other sub that has a poly or aluminum cone and a rubber surround(both necessary in the South Florida heat and himidity I'm told) I can't hit with the correct wattage from an amp. But it would take about 7 inches of depth for the stealth box and the sub itself. Thats with the back of the sub almost hitting the back of the 5/8 mdf box.

Any insight would be appreciated(or suggestions on a better sub for the job).

For the amp, there is more than enough room on the passanger side under the back seat to install an amp. I did mine on the drivers side and haven't had a problem with it over heating or anything. Looks damn good and tucked way out of the way as well.

HPIM0602.jpg

if you are talking about the rear panel in the cargo area, i had an amp put in there..

here are the pics

fiberglassbox.jpg

subs1.jpg

Well, I have a Sport, so I can't actually put it under one of the rear seats. The rear seats are right on the floor.

I Decided on what sub I'm getting, its the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1d, meaning I don't have much extra space in that panel where the stock sub goes(right where Oxygen's amp is). It's also quite deep, at 5 and 3/4" top mount depth. I figure the least thick sub box walls I can get away with are .5" meaning I'm at around 7" depth requirement with some room for the sub to not hit the back.

Where the amp is gonna go I don't even know. I've seen how V8BoatBulder has his in the opposite panel, I have the rear window washer fluid tanky thing there. But if I can squish my amp back in there and figure out a way to keep some air flow going behind that panel I might be in business.

Back