Rear parking aid(error) and how to replace sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear parking aid(error) and how to replace sensor

aypanthony

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Hello All,

I did some searching, but could not find any how to's on replacing the rear parking sensor(s). The sensors looked buried under the plastic bumper covers. I assume the bumper cover has to come off, but would like a little help before I dive into it. I have a 2013 Ex XLT.

Thanks, Tony

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter. It looks straight forward enough.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

I have the same vehicle and had a question about the sensors themselves. Does the signal they emit come straight out or is it a conical configuration? I'm trying to figure out which bike rack would work without impacting the sensor signal. I want to avoid a constant warning caused by the rack pinging back the sensor signal.

By seeing how you replace yours may help if I need to relocate them.

............I want to avoid a constant warning caused by the rack pinging back the sensor signal.
Just don't back up.:D

Peter

Just don't back up.:D

Peter

That WOULD eliminate the backup sensors beeping all the time ... and the screams of people I run over.

Sometimes I wonder what we did before all these fancy sensors and backup cameras were available for our vehicles.

Oh, I remember. We actually had to walk around our vehicles and see what was back there before we backed up.

Sometimes I wonder what we did before all these fancy sensors and backup cameras were available for our vehicles.

Oh, I remember. We actually had to walk around our vehicles and see what was back there before we backed up.

Or, park by sound and feel! Back up until you bump or hear something.

Or, park by sound and feel! Back up until you bump or hear something.

My 85-year-old aunt does this. I call it "parking using the Braille method."

Is there a way to reprogram the Parking Assist to default to OFF?

Back