• Register Today It's free!

Rear passenger door

93limted

Reaction score
City, State
Halifax,NS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Limted
My rear passenger door won't open, The outside handle was unhooked and I thought that was the problem, but after getting the panel off and palying around on the inside I still cant get it open !!! Does any body have an idea or atleast the schematic to give me a better look ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Door stuff is not my specialty but someone here will know about it!

My first guess would be that the child safety lock is engaged if you can't open it from the inside and since the outside handle is disconnected you can't open it there either. See if you can reach it from the inside of the door.

My first guess would be that the child safety lock is engaged if you can't open it from the inside and since the outside handle is disconnected you can't open it there either. See if you can reach it from the inside of the door.

Tried that, my last resort is to try to remove the lock from the inside to get the door open then fix it

Have you resolved your door issue?

My right rear door won't open using the inside handle, it locks and un-locks ok but will only open using the outside handle. The inside handle doesn't return flush -protrudes beyond the face of the door panel a bit.

I took the inside panel off and was able to reset the inside handle so that it was flush (as is normal) but when pulled it comes out a bit but does not unlatch the door then won't return flush again.

Be very interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it.

Mine is not fixed yet, my inside handle seems to work fine but, I can still not get it open, I am going to try to remove the latch, it seems to be my only option.

Mine is not fixed yet, my inside handle seems to work fine but, I can still not get it open, I am going to try to remove the latch, it seems to be my only option.

Does your inside rear door handle stick out into the car more than normal? Both of mine do and nether work.

If it does, remove the metal rod that connects it to the door latch. The door lock should work as normal now. Mine works great with the inside handle disconnected but I can't see anything wrong with the inside handle that would cause a problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to a jy and get a complete inside/outside set off both rear doors. I need a good one to compare at this point

Back