• Register Today It's free!

Rear Quarter Seat Removal?

08v6

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport trac
Just As The Subject Says, Ive Decided To Take Out The Little Seat On THe Drivers Side Rear Ive Got A Bunch Of Free Audio Stuff Including A 12 In Sub In 1ft Trunk Box...Anyways, Instead of Buying A Slim Sub Or Sub Box, Im Just Gunna Take Out The Small Seat And put The box There And Also Have A Place To Throw My Tool Box (i Dont Have A tonneau Either).......I Was Looking At The Seat And It Straight Forward...Just Unbolt it....The One I Am Not Sure Of Is The Bolt That Is Next To The Other Seat It Shares The Braket With....Anyone Know How TO Get The Thing Out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Un-bolt the two front "legs", remove the outermost bolt that it shares with the seat belt. The inner attaching point can best be described as a hook. Lift the seat and twist it towards the center of the truck and it will just un-hook.

OOOOOOOooooo...Well That Just Makes Sense.. Dont I Feel Like A Tool.

Quick question, what was the color of your seat?
i am trying to find one to put on the other side, and put the bass in the middle. but it's a pain to find the rear driver's side seat.

Connor M.
2005 Explorer Sport Trac XLT

Its A Drab Military Green Truck With That Desert Tan Intirior

is it cloth? and if you still have it, would you consider selling it to me?

Unfortunatly Mine Is Leather But I Would Consider Selling It

if i am unable to locate another seat in a reasonable amount of time, could i contact you via private message to discuss purchasing it from you?
since it's leather, i'd have to get it re-upholtered, but it would be worth it

Back