rear self leveling adjustment

jcasey007

Reaction score
City, State
Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
Jeep Commander 5.7L HEMI
Hi All

does anybody know if the air suspension can be adjusted? either officially or not :p:

cheers

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wondered how long it would be until you found something else to fix LOL
I have read about moving the mounting point for the sensor to fool the system into pumping up some more. I would imagine that this would give a more harsh or bouncy ride. I am sure you could put in your own control system instead of the load sensor and rig up switches to either lower or raise. So there is a project to use your control system design skills
ps hows the transfer case working out
regards

Jan, you sound like my wife :D

The transfer box is sweet, I also had the streering rack replaced as the creaking had come back.

The self leveling could do with raising about 15mm. Maybe some wear in the linkages? or maybe I could drop the fronts a bit?

I was also wondering how high it will go ;)

This weekend job is an Aux transmission cooler. The pipe flair tool has arrived so hopefully the cooler will arrive tomorrow

cheers

Jim

The self leveling could do with raising about 15mm. Maybe some wear in the linkages? or maybe I could drop the fronts a bit?

Sounds more like the springs may have sagged a bit. You could try moving the bracket for the sensor up that 15mm.
The other option is to put lifting shackles and mod'd load sensor bracket (aka kevin p shackles) tho kev hasn't got any on the shelf and hasn't got the material to make a set at the mo (I believe he has to buy enough metal for 5 sets at a time). Then you could TT the front up to match if needed.

I cut a piece out of the plastic ladder then joined it together to raise the rear of the ex.I also got a spare just in case.

Sagging springs sounds more like my problem, on holiday when fully (over)loaded the compressor was running every 5 mins until the controller went into failure mode and shut it down.

So maybe raising it on the dampers is not what I should be doing afterall

Does anybody know anythere in the UK that stocks new standard or upgraded springs?

Or maybe I could fit some spring assistors (that's what I think they are called) that caravaners use on their tow cars?

cheers

Jim

You could try and reset the ride height. Switch off the self levelling and jack up the rear so that the axle hangs. Lower to the ground and switch on the system.

thanks Howard

I tried a reset but it is still lower, I also checked and lubricated the linkages

cheers

Jim

I'm gonna be trying to source some metal for Kev to do me some shackles. You want a set?

I would like to, but my kids are 8,6 and 2, the 2 year old can just get in by herself, so adding a 2" lift would put her back 18 months:)

Back