• Register Today It's free!

Rear shackles question

biggon71

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
I just put a TT on my 2000 Mounty and now need to put shackles on the back. I was looking at the war #153's and the website (http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/products_id/6362) told me "All shackles come in pairs, each pair lifts one end of your vehicle."

Does this mean I will need to purchase 2 pairs or is it refering to ends as front and back?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, I am no means an expert at this however I looked at the web site and the part you are looking at looks to be for the both sides at the rear of the springs. It looks like you also need part number WAR 353 for the front of the springs.

One pair of WAR 153 and One pair of WAR353.

Look back over it yourself and see if you agree. These are what I would order.

No. You only need the 153. The shackles go in the back.

Thanks for helping me out guys!

The web site you posted is a good price for the shackles. I got mine in mid Dec and the lowest I could find the time was just over $100.
project was not too hard and just less than an hour to do.

I bought mine from tellico4x4 as well. They are not bad unless the bolt is rusted to the bushing. Then it's a whole other ball game. Soak the snot out of the bolts with PB blaster a couple days before you start tearing them down. Also an air hammer from harbor freight is $10-$15 and can be a life saver to help motivate the bolts to come out.

Back