• Register Today It's free!

Rear Stero Controls IR??

JMT1SOMR

Reaction score
City, State
Lakeland, TN * Oxford, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
are the rear stereo controls infra-red or wired? im guessing theyre wired but im not 100% sure... the reason being is that a company makes a module to translate IR signal into an aftermarket HU if an IR remote... thus my rear stereo controls would still work... anyone know anything about this?:mattmoon:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out part #FDHTS near the bottom. I belive it is an adapter for what you're looking to do. I'm looking to do this myself.

Dead Link Removed

Harry

EDIT:

Here's also an IR converter you can hook up (#PESWI7).
You'll need Adobe Acrobat reader

Dead Link Removed

yeah, but will that adapter allow me to add any aftermarket stereo i want? and if so, how?

Didnt see the "EDIT" - thanks... im goin to buy that

Oops. I gave you the link to the cd changer controls. Look at the edited text in my last post.

It's actually for steering controls but it gives you the option to hook it up to the rear controls and it sends out an IR signal. I have a IR capable deck and am planning to have the rear controls, with this adapter, beam directly to the front of the deck and control it.

Harry

Well none of periphreals "authorized dealers" carries that product... do you have any idea about how much it might cost or where to order it from?

Excuse my ignorance.... but,,, would you please explain the exact hook up of the stock rear seat controls with an aftermarket HU using the adaptor mentioned.

Thanks in advance,,,,,

Are there adaptors available that allow the stock 6 disc CD cg\hanger to be used wuth ab aftermarket HU with CD changer controls?

Details please.....

The company sells a device that you use in correspondence with and after market HU with an IR remote. Like an All-In-One tv remote, the device picks up on the signals sent by the IR remote, and assigns the code corresponding with say "Volume +" and it assigns it the the "Volume +" on the rear stereo controls... which now act like a second IR Remote

JMT1SOMR -

Did you try online or did you locate a dealer near you? I've found some near me but haven't called yet for a price.

aldive -

My understanding is that the adapter converts the rear keypad signals into an signal that is sent out on an infrared LED that is aimed at the deck. Basicly like pointing your deck's remote at it.

Check out page 2 of the installation PDF file on my edited post above. Hope that explains things.

Harry

Im at school right now, as in a live here at college... but ill check as soon as i get back to memphis

Back