rear suspension shackles for sale! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear suspension shackles for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

99 red explorer

Reaction score
City, State
york,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt 4x4
rear suspension shackles for sale!
I am building 8 sets of rear shackles for the 95-00 year explorers. The side plates are made of 3/8th inch steel. which are roughly 3" wide. They are dual-shield welded to a 3"x1" spacer to keep the clearance and to stiffen the shackles. The spacer is made of rectangular tubing with a 1/8th inch wall thickness. I am a certified welder and I assure you, they will hold up to whatever you throw at them. I can get a picture of them up on the board if any one is interested. They are already mounted on my explorer and they lifted it about 1.5-2 inches. I was going to sell them for $40 dollars for the pair. Please tell me if anybody is interested. thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought

I just bought Auto Zone ones, ¿Am I going to regret that? I haven't put them on yet so I have 88 days left to get my money back.

hey neighbor!!!! welcome to the site.;)

I don't know, I never saw the one's from autozone. But if you want to take them back I will have a pair of shackles done tomorrow.

thank you for the greeting red rig

would they fit on an 2002 X sport? could you fab some to fit on there if they don't?

yes I could fabricate them for any vehicle that has leaf springs. The only thing I need to know is how wide the spring mounts are and how long the stock shackles are. It also wouldn't hurt to send a picture of the leaf spring assembly. It normally only takes me one day to make a set or two.

Can you make these shackles for stock size on a 97 Explorer Awd?? If so I would be interested in a set.:cool:

I could fabricate them for any vehicle. If anyone needs anything else fabricated, ask me first before you spend inflated prices from a manufacturer. thanks for your interest.

pm sent :)

I'd like to clear up some confusion. Shackles are the same size and dimension for 91-01 2drs and 4drs. and the same for 02+ Sports.

I need to check with the Admin before I let this thread continue any further.

Check back later..................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back