Rear Suspension

Beano

Reaction score
City, State
North Haven, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Hi,
I've got a stock 2001 Explorer Sport, and I don't like how the rear of the truck seems to sag a bit. I was thinking of getting rid of this sag by installing new rear shocks and perhaps new shackles as well. Can anyone offer any advice for what type and length shocks and/or shackles that I should get? I want to keep it mostly stock, but i just want to pick up the rear about 3/4" - 1" so that it doesn't sag anymore.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
I've got a stock 2001 Explorer Sport, and I don't like how the rear of the truck seems to sag a bit. I was thinking of getting rid of this sag by installing new rear shocks and perhaps new shackles as well. Can anyone offer any advice for what type and length shocks and/or shackles that I should get? I want to keep it mostly stock, but i just want to pick up the rear about 3/4" - 1" so that it doesn't sag anymore.

You could add-a-leaf, but I don't know how high that would get you. :dunno:

I have a leaf pack.

If i do replace the shackles- will it be alright to leave in the stock shocks? or should i replace them w/ longer ones?

Back