chefduane

Texas Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX.
Year, Model & Trim Level
None: SOLD 9/16
98 SOHC 4x4

These buggers are hard to find! I am looking for rear sway bar bushings. The bar itself is 19mm. Every parts house I've checked lists the rear as the same size as the front (34mm), or they come in a kit with the end links. My local Ford dealer can order them (p/n F57Z5493BD) but I don't want to pay dealer $$ and I'd like to get a beefier poly bushing. RA, ES, local autoparts stores, don't have them or list the rears as 34mm. I just want a non-greasable 19mm bushing. Anyone have a source for these?
Thanks!
PS - And I have read pretty much every thread on site about rear sway bar bushings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, I've done a bunch of google searches.

SWS, that has been my experience exactly. I'd like to get a beefier bushing but I've got 195k on the vehicle so at this point it probably doesn't matter. OEM is it I guess.
Thanks.

What I was getting at is that it doesn't necessarily have to be an Explorer part, if it's compatible with the mount and the right diameter.

What I was getting at is that it doesn't necessarily have to be an Explorer part, if it's compatible with the mount and the right diameter.

I understand. Still have not been able to find something that would fit.
A 19mm bushing is easy enough but finding one with the correct width and center to center mount (4in/104mm) is the kicker.

Update:
I spoke to reps at ES and Whiteline and their 19mm bushing center to center mount max is 3-5/8". Same as some I saw online. So no aftermarket bushings.
I ordered some OEM's from my local dealer for $16/set. Be here tomorrow.

Try energy suspension. That is what I am running on my 98...

Back