Rear switched accessory 12v? (2013 PIU) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear switched accessory 12v? (2013 PIU)

Rob_I

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PIU 3.7 NA
Looking for switched accessory power in the rear of 2013 PIU. 12v that turns off with the ignition. Rear dash cam needs to sense accessory 12v turn off to go into parking mode.

Battery power is easy as there is a large distribution block. I'd prefer not to need to run a new wire up front.

Yes I have looked through the modifiers guide. Nothing there on the subject.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There should be a power feed for the rear video camera or the parking assist module if either is installed.

VT-BN wire feeds of fuse F34. HOT in START/RUN.

There should be a power feed for the rear video camera or the parking assist module if either is installed.

VT-BN wire feeds of fuse F34. HOT in START/RUN.
Neither are installed however perhaps the wiring is there and live. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look tomorrow. ANY idea if the harness for that is on the driver or passenger side? I only have pass disassembled at the moment.

Well, not that it helps anyone else, but the outfitters of the vehicle did string a hot run wire, but when the vehicle was decommissioned, they saw fit to cut it, tape the end (a miracle since it was the first time the dude with the snips made safe his handiwork), and hide it really well under the flooring.

I rerouted it and added a power block next to the battery power point on the passenger side rear quarter. At least now I have easy power if needed.

Well, not that it helps anyone else, but the outfitters of the vehicle did string a hot run wire, but when the vehicle was decommissioned, they saw fit to cut it, tape the end (a miracle since it was the first time the dude with the snips made safe his handiwork), and hide it really well under the flooring.

I rerouted it and added a power block next to the battery power point on the passenger side rear quarter. At least now I have easy power if needed.
Lucky break, that.

Back